Friday, April 07, 2006

A2B's Sam Critchley Hinting at LBS Way

Sam Critchley from A2B feeds the news with his LBS views in a good article released by Reuters that also mentions Gravity Monkey Mologogo and Geominder from Ludimate. A Nokia-based (Symbian Series 60) package that "allows you to create location-based reminders that stay attached to physical locations".

I need to reply Sam about a comment he made some time ago regarding my preference to GpsDash as a GPS Navigation package for the PocketPC. I do subscribe to Stefan's software, which I recognize as a true, single developer effort (as many packages in the area). I do believe location applications are too fantastic tools for self-discovery.

So I can't have preferences regarding a particular tool. The goal is what counts. Or what you make of it. The tools change along the way. The tool allow us to find our own way, to buy milk, remind us of what we are after, help us get there.

So right now, with the past 6 months behind us, in the worst Winter California had at least in the last 12 years I've been around here, sun rays can again show where we are supposed to head.

Virtual and Real are about to mesh in a big way. Welcome to the Aquarium!

No comments: